CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, July 17, 2008

My First Project




This wrap dress was my first endeavor in breaking in a sewing machine that hasn't been used in 11 years. My sewing mentor(SM) was extremely hesitant about me using this pattern. After begging and pleading to use this pattern, she obliged(plus I already had bought the fabric). I wish I took her advice, because this too me sooooo long to complete. My SM was with me every step of the way, because I think I was heading for a Gordon Gartrell original. I used over 5 yards of linen fabric that I got from Hancock. I probably wouldn't make this dress again, but I think I did pretty well for my first project. What do you guys think should be the first garment a beginner should make?




3 comments:

LAH said...

Hi Teka,

Your blog looks great! I added you to my Google Reader so I won't miss anything!

Lara

Teka said...

Hi Lara,

Thanks so much for the support!

Teka

Anonymous said...

Though late reading this, I think you did a great job for your 1st project. I haven't sewed anything for myself yet. I keep saying that I am but I'm scared that I will make something and it not fit or not look the way I invisioned it. I've mainly made stuff for my kids. I have patterns for myself but no fabric. I hope to get some fabric next week.