CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Auf Wiedersehen



Unfortunately, I have to say farewell to a dress that I didn't get to wear. I thought that this dress would be perfect for my birthday celebration. This dress would've definitely showed off my long legs and covered my tummy at the same time. I came to the sad realization that I didn't like it! I mean, it's not the pattern at all. I think that it's a combination of the print I chose and the dress doesn't give me a shape at all. I wanted to show you guys this dress because I want to display the good with the bad. I make an effort to finish what I've started, so even though I will never wear this dress, I will make sure to finish hemming it. This pattern was very easy to follow and will consider making the B version of this pattern in a cotton print. This is my first time making a piece that I absolutely hated. Have you guys ever made a piece that you didn't like after you put your sweat and tears into it?

4 comments:

Adrienne said...

Sorry it didn't work out and YES I have done that before. I ATTEMPTED to make a plaid crop jacket.....after playing around with it forever trying to get the plaid to match up it was a total wadder. I cut the back of the jacket on the bias and THOUGHT I lined the front of the jacket up but it was a HOT MESS lol. I threw it away and never looked back lol

Teka said...

LOL!! That's exactly how I feel. I want to just throw this dress away. Well, I feel a little better knowing that a great sewer like yourself has made something you didn't like.

Jada said...

I know how you feel!I have started somethings and it looked good in my head, but once its finished it just don't look good on me.
But your dress is cute maybe you can gift it someone I have done that and they love it.

Carla(LoverofWords) said...

I think that dress is really nice. My first thought was to tell you to belt it but I am not sure if that would work with this style of dress. But is very cute. I am actually making this same dress for myself but in a dark orange color.