CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, July 25, 2008

Birthday Dilemma

I have a friend, whose birthday is coming up, who always can pick the nicest gifts for everyone. She's very funny, giving, and kind, but is also very picky! It's difficult for me to find a present for a person that's picky, although I could get her a gift card. I've decided that I would make her an item that she can incorporate into her wardrobe. I would've loved to make her a dress (she has the cutest shape!!), but she doesn't do dresses at all. She's into Ann Taylor type of clothes, but since I'm a beginner(and haven't worked with buttons or zippers yet), I want to make an item that I'm confident in. So, I went to the website and found some great pieces that I think she might wear.

Here are a few that I found on Ann Taylor Loft



So I found a butterick pattern that would look great on her(Drumroll Please!)




I will be making her the yellow/black/white flower print version. Her wardrobe is filled with neutrals and her favorite color is blue. I found this great fabric that has gray/navy/white/black print. Tell me what you guys think!!


0 comments: