CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

It's been a long time!

Hey Guys!!! I’ve been MIA for a while now and it’s been crazy these past few months but that’s for another blog ;-). Even though I haven’t done much sewing activity on my end, I still follow all of you talented bloggers on a regular basis. I realised that I love DIY stuff no matter what it is. So, I decided to dedicate the next few posts to a few of my favorite bloggers that have given advice, recipes,and tutorials over the past few months. DISCLAIMER: Please excuse the bad pics!

Ok, so I’ve been wanting a new sewing machine for a long time now. After searching extensively, I was tossed up between the Singer 7466 or the Brother CS6000I. I really wanted the Brother, because I currently own one but I’ve heard great reviews about Singer. Erica B. had a great post about sewing machines for beginners and lo and behold the machine I wanted was there!


Out with the old!




In with new!


I absolutely love my machine! It comes with everything and it's so quiet. I know my neighbors appreciate that because I usually sew at night. I highly recommend this machine!

4 comments:

Susan said...

Congrats on the "new addition". I'm glad you're lovin' it!

Teka said...

Thank you Susan! :-)

Charlene McGill said...

Cute dress! BTW, I have the same brother machine (2 yrs now) and I absolutely love it.

Unknown said...

I have the same brother machine and cannot sew the elastic thread correctly. I wound the bobbin several times, I tried different tensions, different stitch widths, different material and the result is the same. I can't get the elastic to shirr the fabric. Any pointers?