CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Fast and Easy! B5247





At least thats what the pattern says. After pulling out my fall/winter wardrobe, I realized that I don't fit any of my "transition" clothes anymore. My transition clothes is what takes me into the next season without looking too crazy (D.C. weather can get kinda iffy). I picked up this pattern and gave it a whirl since I don't own any tunics and I guess it helped that it said 1 Hour Express!LOL!

It actually came out kinda cute. It took me more like 2 hours from start to finish (sunday night football), but I'm sure the more experienced sewers out there would've finished it in under an hour. If I make this again, I will make the short-sleeved version a little longer. I still have the hemming to do on the blue/green version, but wanted to post tonight since I'll be working long hours this week. I would definitely recommend this for a beginner since it's only 4 pieces and doesnt have any pattern markings(darts,etc.). I actually found this easier to make than my pajamas.

7 comments:

NurseByrd said...

I am a beginner and I am encouraged because it took me more than a hour to make this dress. I did not like the pattern layout. I made the short sleeve vesrion in black also. It was perferct for church, but I would like to see it in a fun print.

Adrienne said...

You know, I have this pattern in que...I might have to go ahead and pull it out next lol. Cute!

Erica Bunker said...

Very cute! I have this pattern also. Great job!

Faye Lewis said...

I really like both or your designs. I have this pattern too (of course) and do plan on making it up this fall.

Joyce in NC said...

I picked up this pattern. I like your dresses. I will be cutting out my dress tonight. I am making the long sleeve version in a solid color. I'm looking for a nice print to use for the short sleeve version.

Teka said...

Thanks ladies for your wonderful comments!

Joyce- I was looking for a printed knit as well but couldn't find any good ones. Mimi Goodwin made a gorgeous print version of this pattern. Maybe she will be willing to share where she gets hers from *crosses finger*

Unknown said...

Hey, your tunic came out very nicely!