CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, October 10, 2008

I Need a Coat!!

This weekend I've decided to get all of my coats and jackets out of storage to get ready for the cold months. Well, what do ya know!! I can't fit any of my coats. I usually go to Target(Tarjay) to get my coats. Target clothes are generally very stylish for the fraction of the cost. So as I was heading to Target, I came to the realization that maybe I can make my own. I made a beeline to G Street Fabrics an went back to the $2.97/yd trusty clearance table and Voila! I found a wool that I feel I can use for my first coat.


This wool is very plain to me, so I decided to use this graphic print fabric for the lining. I've had this fabric for a while now and didn't know what to do with it.

Hancock is having a sale on McCalls, Butterick, and Vogue Patterns this week, so I bought 2 patterns: V8438 and B5145. The Vogue pattern is my favorite out of the two, but I decided to do B5145 since it looks a little easier. Wish me luck!!!


2 comments:

Ambitious Sewer said...

Your lining looks so beautiful, I love the pattern and color... so far it looks like a great combination.
Can't wait too see the end results!

Shawnta said...

Hello,
I stumbled upon your blog while looking at PR reviews. I'm a beginner so seeing other young ladies that sew makes me not feel like a "black golden girl" as I have been called LOL
Hope to see more!