CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Elementary, My Dear Watson!!


I'm working on getting a better camera!!



This is what I like to call my Sherlock Holmes capelet. I picked a wool blend plaid fabric from the clearance table at G Street Fabrics. I'm really pleased with how it came out except for the matching of the plaids in the front. As I was cutting it, I was so focused on matching the front with the back, that I completely forgot about the collar. I would definitely make this capelet again, but with a heavier fabric and a stiffer interfacing. I would like to start a coat for winter that is very sleek in a solid wool fabric. Do you guys have any recommendations on an easy wool coat pattern that you guys tried before?

7 comments:

Erica Bunker said...

I hate, hate, hate matching plaids and stripes! I think your cape looks great!

Teka said...

Thanks, Erica. This was my first time working with a large plaid and it took me forever to try to match it.

Adrienne said...

I'm with Erica. I HATE matching plaids but I have this cape pattern and REALLY want to make it! yous is really cute!

Faye Lewis said...

THE CAPE DOES LOOK FANTASTIC! I'm making the same one with the stand up collar or collar band in a solid.

Omega said...

Great job on your cape. I'm with you all on matching those plaids but you did good.

Unknown said...

Teka, thanks for stopping by my blog. It's good to see another North Carolinian in the fray. Great cape too!

Jada said...

It looks great!! I have that same pattern, now I want to try and make it! :)